ABOUT LAW ADDICTS
Law Addicts is a student lead organisation driven by its motto, Addiction yielding Knowledge that aims to promote law among individuals who have an infinite passion for legal knowledge. It is an expanding rostrum with a long term objective of providing scholarships to law aspirants who want to take part in educational competitions but cannot do so because of their financial constraints. With this agenda, Law Addicts seeks to ensure that every penny spent by its participants, not only enhances their knowledge but also aids deserving fellow compassionate law aspirants to participate in their dream contests.
To get a step closer in achieving this objective, Law Addicts is now proud to launch its 1st Edition of Virtual National Level Moot Competition on LGBTQI Rights with an aim to promote student involvement in Social issues by providing a fair and competitive environment for exchange of thoughts.
- All students pursuing graduate or postgraduate course from any recognized college, university or institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Team members should comprise at least one law student from any recognized law school, university or institution in India.
- Each participating team shall have a minimum of two members and maximum of three (3) members comprising of 2 speakers and 1 researcher. In the case of a 2-member team, one speaker can also take up the researcher’s test.
- Teams are required to complete the registration on or before 8th August, 2020 (24:00 IST) by making the payment of the registration fee and filling the registration form. The receipt of payment of the registration fee must be uploaded in the registration form. The link for the registration form is given below:
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 300/- per team. The registration fee payable for the competition must be paid latest by 8th August 2020 to:
Account Name: J.S. Shreedhar
Account Number: 36746793528
IFSC Number: SBIN0015264
Google Pay Number: 9790696219
- The payment reference number and date of payment have to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- Each participating team in the Competition is required to prepare memorials on behalf of both Petitioner and Respondent based on the problem released by the O.C.
- Memorials are to be submitted in .pdf format before 23:59 IST, 18th August 2020. File name should only mention Team Code. For instance: TCLA10.pdf.
- Memorials are required to be submitted through the submission form given in the brochure. No submissions will be accepted via emails.
- The memorials are to be drafted as per the rules mentioned in the brochure.
- The Researcher’s Test shall take place on 21st August 2020.
- The Test shall comprise of 50 questions, MCQ in nature.
Structure of the Competition:
- Draw of lots along with the exchange of memorials will be conducted on 21st August 2020. The sides, round timings along with memorials of the opponent counsel shall be sent via email before 18:00 IST, 21st August 2020.
- The Competition shall consist of the following rounds:
- The Preliminary Round
- The Quarter-Final Round
- The Semi-Final Round
- The Final Round
Cash Awards & Incentives:
- Winner – Rs. 2500/- along with Certificate of Merit.
- Runner Up – Rs. 1200/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker – Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Researcher – Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Memorial – Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- E-Certificate of participation will be provided to all participating teams and E-Certificates for advanced rounds will be provided to qualifying teams.
Further Details about the Rounds, Structure, Rules and Moot Proposition can be found in the Brochure and Poster attached below.
In the event of any clarifications, kindly contact:
Ms. Sonu Mehtha (Vice President, Law Addicts) – +91 6369639060 OR
Mail us at [email protected]
For further details kindly download the following brochure
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.