About The Millennium Laedan
The Millennium Laedan works under the Millennium Fellowship presented by the United Nations Academic Impact and MCN. The fellowship is intended to attain sustainable development goals. We focus on SDG5 – Gender equality, SDG10 – Reduced inequalities and SDG11 – Sustainable cities and communities. The Millennium Laedan was formed with a vision to bring about a positive change in society.
Students currently enrolled in any educational institution, and of the age group 18-22
Are eligible to take part in this event.
Both the team members needn’t belong to the same University/Institute/College.
The last date for the Registration for the first round is 2nd December 2020 and there are no registration fees.
Teams can enroll simultaneously in more than one category.
- The language for the debate competition shall be English only.
· The team size of the event is two.
· There will be Three rounds, and the first round will be written.
· Each team member must upload their take on the topic with an article of about 200 words for the first round. The eligibility to the second round is based on the combined individual score of the team members on their take on the topic
· Any kind of plagiarised work will not be entertained.
· The second round will be an Oxford-style debate where the teams will be grouped of size 4-8. One or two teams, depending on the judge’s discretion, goes to the final round.
· The total time allotted for the first round per team will be two minutes. There will be a Rebuttal.
· The participants are required to keep themselves ready to log in, at least 15 minutes before the event, to maintain punctuality in conducting the program. All necessary precautions have to be taken by the participants to ensure the smooth conduct of the event from their side.
- Use of Webcam/Face Camera (a device used by participants) while speaking is mandatory.
- Reading from any written Document is prohibited. If it is observed by the Judges/organizer, the teams will be disqualified.
- Usage of any abusive language shall implicate immediate disqualification of candidature.
- The topics under a specific category will be given 15 min before
- Every participant has to make sure that they have a proper internet connection with Camera and Microphone. In case of poor signals or black out from participants, they will not be given any additional time or any other compensation. And it shall be deemed that the participant is done with the debate. The organisers shall not be held responsible for connectivity issues of any kind.
- The Millennium Laedan reserves the right to alter or change the rules or the procedure of the competition.
Note: The decision of the Judges, and the Institution on any issue arising during the competition shall be final and binding.
For each category
§ Best Team Award: Rs. 3000/- along with e-certificate of merit.
- Runners-Up Team Award: E-certificate of merit.
§ Best Speaker Award: E-certificate of merit.
§ Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
· Last date of Registration: 2 December 2020[The teams will be required to submit their take on Category while registering]
· Second Round starts: 6 December 2020
For more information, contact
+91 95628 86671
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.