ABOUT THE LAWEST
LAWEST – “Law at its best”
Lawest is a dynamic venture by like-minded legal aspirants with a common vision to spread legal literacy about contemporary legal issues and providing the very basic socio- legal knowledge to the citizens of the nation. We, at Lawest strive to build a society with zero ignorance towards law, where every citizen is duty bound to follow and respect the law and order of the motherland.
ABOUT TURNCOAT COMPETITION
A turncoat is a style of debating in which an individual is allotted a certain amount of time to speak on the given motion. The debater has to divide the time allotted to them in equal halves wherein they speak for the motion in the first half and then halfway through, they speak against the motion. The basic motive of this type of debate is to judge the overall argumentative power of an individual.
The participation procedure is as follows:
- Firstly, the participants are required to pay the registration fees and keep a screenshot containing the transaction id., then the participants have to register via the link provided in the brochure and the screenshot of the payment must be uploaded in the registration form itself at the provided space.
- After the successful registration, the participants will receive an email within 48 hours, confirming their participation and containing their speaker code. A drive folder link will also be provided to the participants in that email, where they are expected to upload their submissions.
- The participants need to record a video of their debate and upload the same in the provided drive folder link by naming it according to their speaker code as provided by the organizers. In case, if any participant faces any difficulties, they can contact the event coordinator and they can send their submissions via WhatsApp to the event coordinator as well. The submissions can be made at any time after successful registration, before the last date for submissions.
- Every speaker will be given a total time of 3 minutes and 15 seconds, which they have to divide as follows-
- 15 seconds for introducing himself/herself and setting the theme of the topic. (Name/College or identity of the speaker is not to be disclosed at any point, only speaker code should be revealed in the 15 seconds.)
- 90 seconds to speak for the motion.
- 90 seconds to speak against the motion.
Participation is open to all school students, graduates and under-graduates from all the courses and professionals. The event is bilingual, i.e., in either Hindi or English.
Registrations begin from: 20th December, 2020.
Last date for registration: 31st December, 2020.
Last date for Submissions: 5th January, 2021.
Result declaration: 10th January, 2021.
Topic- Virtual World: Threat To Privacy
- This is an Individual Participation competition.
- No entries shall be accepted after the last date for submissions i.e. 5th January, 2021, 11:59 PM IST.
- Disclosure of speaker’s name, college or any identity except the speaker code will result in immediate disqualification.
- Participants shall speak either strictly in English or strictly in Hindi.
- While recording the video the camera is expected to be at such a position, from which the speaker is clearly visible and audible.
- Reading from the paper is not allowed.
- Participants are not supposed to make any hurtful comments or statements against any person, religion, community or any other standards of the society. Use of unparliamentary language during the debate shall lead to immediate disqualification at the discretion of the core committee of team Lawest.
- The decision of the Judges will be final and binding upon all.
- The results of the competition will be released on the social media platforms of the Team Lawest.
- Top two winning participants (Each from Hindi and English category) videos will be published on the official YouTube channel of team Lawest. By registering for the competition, you are giving implied consent to the organisers to have the copyright on the video made by the participants.
- All the participants must abide by the rules and regulation of the competition, if failed to do so, or breach may lead to disqualification or elimination of the participants.
PARAMETERS OF EVALUATION:
The participants will be judged on following parameters:
- Knowledge of the subject.
- Communication skills (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Argumentative power.
- Time management.
Interested candidates can fill the registration form by clicking on the link given below:
- Cash prize of ₹150/- to the best speakers in Hindi and English language individually.
- Certificate of Merit to both the winners.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
₹ 30/- per participant.
Paytm / G-pay/ phonepe- 8267091796 (Kanishka Vaish)
Paytm UPI / Bhim UPI- [email protected]
Name – Kanishka Vaish
Bank – Paytm Payment Bank
Account Number – 918267091796
IFSC Code – PYTM0123456
If you have any queries feel free to contact:
Contact No- 7500684863 (Shatakshi Sharma – Event Coordinator)
Email I.d. – [email protected]
For more updates of our upcoming events, join us at:
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.