‘Aawaaz’ is the quarterly literary e-magazine of the National Law Institute University, Bhopal under the aegis of their Literary Society, Jus Cultura. It encourages students to ponder upon social issues intellectually and come up with innovations, creativity and imagination with unique solutions or to shed light to newer aspects, untouched by all.
The magazine received over 200 submissions, from across the world, for its first three issues and is looking forward to receiving submissions for its fourth issue.
The first and second issues are available on the official website of NLIU, Bhopal on the following links:
Aims and Objectives
Aawaaz aims to spread awareness by penning down the experiences, through a space which fosters independent thoughts and innovation, igniting conversations on social issues and their impact on the society. With the objective of promoting literature and creativity in the minds of young jittery individuals, this magazine encourages the submissions to be more eccentric, full of haywire, raw ideas, unthinkable concepts – in short, it lets your thoughts run free!
Who Can Submit?
Students, academicians and research scholars are welcome to contribute to the magazine. The deadline for submission is 20th May, 2021.
Structure of the Magazine
This magazine is a quarterly issue and we accept any writing, subject to scrutiny and review, be it poems, stories, opinions, ballads, essays etc. This time, we are also inviting entries in the form of caricatures, graffiti, short travelogues and reminiscences. Aawaaz endeavours to provide a platform where authors get to publish work across genres.
The magazine broadly has two sections. The first one deals with diverse content that surrounds one’s lifestyle like music, food, art, culture, technology, opinions, satire, movies and the list goes on. The latter part deals with issues that demand seriousness because it aims to create an impact among readers through the sensitive and intellectually-dealt content. For the submissions in the latter part, it should fall under the following broad headings:
1. The façade of social media.
2. The second wave of COVID-Cremation of Hope
3. The case of rising sports in India.
Kindly note that these topics are simply indicative and the authors are free to submit content on topics that they deem fit for an impactful magazine. It should also be noted that we do not accept mere research papers with no literary significance. In this regard, the final call will be taken by the editorial team, so as to the literary significance of a submission.
1. All submissions to the magazine should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication. Plagiarized submissions will be rejected.
2. The author(s) must provide a declaration of originality with regards to their submission in the body of the email.
3. The language of the submissions should be English.
4. Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of two authors and is barred in case of poems and ballads.
5. Submissions must be made in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (body: size 12, line spacing: 1.50; footnotes: size 10, line spacing: 1.00).
6. Authors must include their brief biographical information (in no more than two lines). This information should include name, institutional affiliation, year and corresponding email address. Anon publication and publication under a pen name is allowed subject to mentioning the same in the body of the mail.
7. The manuscript itself must not contain any information as to the name(s) of the author(s), the institution, address or any other information that may reveal or indicate their identity. This information shall be provided in the body of the mail.
8. We prefer submissions that do not exceed 1,500 words in length. However, the magazine is flexible on the word count, depending on the quality of the submission.
9. Content deemed against public decency will not be accepted.
10. Submissions must be sent to [email protected] with the subject – “Submission for Aawaaz Vol. 1, Issue 4”.
If any contributor has any query or would like to discuss a proposal, please email us at [email protected]
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.