Centre for Research in Environmental Law, DNLU
“The Probe” – National Virtual Environmental Law Quiz Competition
About the Competition – “The Probe”:
The Centre is organizing “The Probe” National Virtual Environmental Law Quiz Competition, 2021 in association with Jigyasa, the Quiz Club of DNLU. The competition is all set to take the stage on 5th June 2021, which is marked as World Environment Day. Through “The Probe”, we aim to spread awareness towards the environmental issues faced by mankind today. The competition would provide a unique platform to the law students across the country to put their knowledge and quizzing instincts to test on crucial topics such as Climate Change, Environmental legislation, and so on.
About The Centre:
The Centre for Research in Environmental Law (CREL) at the Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU), is an endeavour of the University to respond to the need for legal scholarship in the areas of conservation of environment. The Centre aspires to be an incubator for new approaches on how law can best address the complex issues related to the environment.
Topics For The Quiz Competition:
- History, Origin, and Significance of Environmental Law: National & International Framework
- Protection of Environment under Indian Legal Framework and Recent Developments
- Landmark Developments in International Environment Law
- Current Affairs Related to Environment
The Competition is open to the students of all Law Schools, (both UG and PG) recognized by the Bar Council of India. There is no limit on the number of students who can participate from one University/College.
The Registration can be completed by filling the Google Form on or before 3rd June 2021. No entries after the date of registration shall be entertained. There is a nominal registration fee of Rs. 50/- to be paid at the time of registration.
The Quiz Competition comprises of three rounds:
Round 1: Qualifier Round will be on 5th June 2021 (11:00 AM to 11:15 AM)
- The “qualifiers” will be conducted on Google Forms.
- There will be 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks and a Negative 1 mark for each wrong answer
- 15 minutes will be allotted for the participants, failing which, the link would automatically turn inactive.
- 20 students having the highest scores shall be qualified for the next round.
- In case of a tie, marks fetched in the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th questions will be considered.
Round 2: Semi-final Round will be held on 5th June 2021 (1:00 PM to 2:00 PM)
- The “semi-finals” will be conducted on Google Meet.
- The round will have 4 separate groups of 5 students and a quiz Coordinator.
- Two participants with a maximum cumulative score from each group shall be qualified for the final round.
Round 3: Finale Round will be held on 5th June 2021 (4:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- The modalities regarding the third round or the “finale” shall be notified to the participants prior to the competition.
Winner Cash Award of Rs. 2,500 and the Certificate of Achievement.
First Runner Up Cash Award of Rs. 1,500 and the Certificate of Achievement.
Second Runner Up Cash Award of Rs. 1000 and the Certificate of Achievement.
- First two winners will also be provided with an Internship Opportunity with ‘Thomas George and Associates’ in their law firm.
- Certificate of Merit to participants obtaining 4th to 8th position.
- Certificate of Recognition to participants obtaining 9th to 20th position.
- All the participants will be awarded e-Certificates of participation.
- Account Holder’s Name: Yash Garg
- Name of the Bank – State Bank of India
- Branch: Shastri Nagar
- IFSC: SBIN0003258
- Account Number – 37774982731
Participants can also make a payment using GPay, PhonePe and Paytm on 9414410923 (Name that will appear while making payment is Yash Garg)
After the payment, all participants need to upload screenshots of the same on Google Form while registration.
Last Date of Registration: 3rd June, 2021.
Quiz Competition (Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3): 05th June, 2021
E-mail: [email protected]
Yash Garg: 9414410923
Prateek Yadav: 9636232318
URL to the Event- CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.