Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition
22nd September 2021
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology, a NAAC accredited institution affiliated to GGSIP University, Delhi, is organizing its annual Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial Online National Debate Competition, 2021 this year on the topic ‘‘Cyber Surveillance for Governance: A Necessity or a Threat’’ on 22nd September 2021 (Wednesday), 10:00 a.m. onwards through Cisco WebEx Platform.
About The Online National Debate Competition:
Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition is organized annually by the Ideal Institute of Management and Technology on contemporary issues of legal significance. To add to the panache of this year’s event, we are delighted to inform you that Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh (Founder & Former Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi, New Delhi & NALSAR, Hyderabad) has gracefully consented to be the Chief Guest of the program. The competition aims to provide a platform to students from various institutions to come together and voice their opinions while augmenting their oratory skills along with their legal rationale. It also sets forth an unparalleled opportunity; for students to engage in) insightful and real-time dialogue on topics of contemporary significance.
With an exponential rise in developments in the field of Law, preparation for any competition cannot be confined to an isolated theoretical understanding of the text. A holistic and comprehensive conceptual understanding is an intrinsic component towards preparation for the future. This one online national debate is specifically designed to cater to the current need of problem-based learning and provides a forum to the students to develop skills like argument framing, logical thinking, mental agility, and immaculate oration.
The Debate competition will be conducted online through the Cisco WebEx platform between 10:00 a.m. onwards.
Instructions for the Participants:
- Candidates need to be enrolled in a graduate/professional programme to be eligible for participation.
- Each team shall comprise two pa1ticipants with one speaking for and the other against the motion.
- Participants need to submit the Online Registration Form along with the Registration Fees of Rs.500 per team through the prescribed mode latest by September 10, 2021. The confirmation for the same needs to be retained.
Timing and Language:
- Each participant shall be allotted a maximum of 5 minutes to speak (4 minutes for constructive speech and 1 minute for rebuttal).
- Exceeding the time limit shall prejudice the team’s overall score.
- Participants can choose the medium for the debate as English/Hindi. Switching the chosen language is strictly prohibited.
- The participants will be judged by a panel of judges on the basis of Matter, Manner and Method.
- The decision of thejudges shall be final and indisputable.
- The debate shall be conducted through online mode.
- The Debate Organizing Committee reserves the right to alter the rules/ regulations at any point which shall be binding there forth.
- E-Certificates shall be sent to the winners and participants on their registered email ids.
- All participants are required to:
- Download Cisco WebEx App.
- Join the WebEx Link 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Mute their microphones and tum off their videos at all times until it’s their turn to speak.
- Refrain from speaking to the audience or other teams except at the times specifically allocated to them.
- Avoid sharing screen during the programme.
- Refrain from continuous reading from a paper/ electronic device. Such an act shall automatically disqualify the participant.
- Ensure optimal internet connectivity for an enriched learning experience.
- Participants are requested to register for the debate through the link given below
- Registration Link:
- Last Date of Registration: September 10th 2021
- Registration Fee: Rs 500/-per team
- Registration fee must be paid through Paytm or through Online Link
- Payment Details: Refer to Brochure
Please note: The receipt of payment should be attached with the online registration form.
In Case of Queries, Please Contact,
- Ms. Mitali Srivastava (+91 971121899)
- Dakshta Kapoor (+91 93156 21535)
- Tanya Gupta (+91 98114 83138)
- Deepanshu Kaushik (+91 99118 00139)
- Sejal Nanda (+91 81785 76240)
Disclaimer: Team Law Informants tries to ensure that the information and details are accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. We encourage the viewers to kindly fact check themselves.